Welcome to Surrey Care Association's Web SiteSCA Website
Our website is now member only access, if you would like to gain all the benefits from SCA's website join our useful service now!How to join? You can now subscribe to SCA, so you don’t miss anything, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribers can ask us anything related to the Adult Social Care industry, from latest government initiatives, to local intelligence and interaction with commissioners - we will do all we can to help you. And if we can’t help, we'll put you in touch with someone who can. Ask SCA we’re here to help.
New and Updated Dementia Masterclass
Facilitated by Dr Gemma Jones
Book your space now! CLICK HERE TO VIEW PROGRAMME!
Back by popular demand, a new and updated masterclass from Dr. Gemma Jones, Dementia Care Resource Consultants whose previous workshops for SCA have been hugely popular. A detailed programme will be available on the SCA website and Bulletin shortly, click here for the registration form.
Target Audience – Providers, Registered Managers and Team Leaders providing dementia care across the spectrum of social care.
Date: 2nd June 2015
Venue: Lecture Hall 1, Leatherhead Food Research Randalls Way, Leatherhead, KT22 7RY
Time: Registration 9:00am, with the Masterclass commencing at 9.30am until 4.30pm
SCA Network Meetings - Reserve your space NOW!
These Network Meetings are for SCA Subscribers only, if you would like to attend and you are not yet subscribed to our services please contact Harriet Johns for further information on becoming a Subscriber, email email@example.com or call 01372 825 154.
*Please note - you must have your Subscriber log in details to access this information, if you do not have this information please call 01372 825 154.
Preparing to implement the Care Certificate - Wednesday 10th June
For Registered Managers, Deputy Managers, Senior Staff and Training Managers
Click here to see pricing, location and your registration form!
By the end of the workshop providers will:
- Understand the rationale for the Care Certificate and the general principles for implementation
- Be able to outline how the Care Certificate is made up and how it differs from the Common Induction Standards
- Be aware of the resources currently available to support implementation
- Evaluate three alternative models for delivery and assessment against your own particular workplace needs
- Know how to ensure that evidence is captured so that it can be used by the learner towards sector qualifications
- Develop an action plan for implementation
The MCA/DoLS, CQC & Practice
An Interactive Session aimed at Managers and Senior Staff
Topics will include:
- An overview of the MCA & DoLS requirements
- How does MCA relate to the Regulations, KLOE and Guidance from CQC
- DoLS case studies from the Law Society
- Examples from CQC Reports
Space is limited so make sure you book your place NOW!
Wednesday 1st July 2015
Please click here for your registration form!
Read the latest SCA Newsletter
The latest SCA newsletter has been published, click here to to get hold of your copy, and please feel free to forward to colleagues by email or print out and pass on.
Last updated: 26/05/15