Useful Links

General Advice

For further advice and specific information on services offered by Surrey County Council Adult Social Care Team visit:

Surrey Information Point - offering advice on a range of issues:

Carers UK is a website offering advice services aimed at carers, to offer support and information.

The Disability Equipment Service - If you need to buy or sell disability equipment, visit this website for more information.

Independent Age provide information and a national advice service for older people, their families and carers.

In-Control, a service established in 2003 to transform the social care system to enable people to take greater control over their lives. They offer advice on all aspects of direct payments and individual budgets.

Care Choices has a website where you can access e-books of information on care providers in Surrey


Care Aware offer information specifically on funding long term residential care, including a flow chart to help you assess your individual circumstances.

Money Advice Service

Advocacy services

Independent Mental Capacity Advocate Service offers services across Surrey for those who are unable to make decisions for themselves relating to care and support. East Surrey is served by Kingston Advocacy Group, West Surrey by Just Advocacy

For people with learning disabilities, the Learning disability partnership board in Surrey offers advocacy and advice services

The Royal National Institute for the Blind (RNIB) offers advocacy advice and services for people for visual impairment.

Age UK in Surrey has an advocacy service for the older person living independently or in residential care in the Surrey area.

Regulation and advice about choosing care services

All Care providers have to be registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC). For information on individual care providers:

Age UK has produced a downloadable checklist for you to use when looking for a care home. Find and more information at:

Help and advice lines

If you would prefer to talk to someone, rather than look through website information there are the following help lines available

Surrey Independent Living Council: 01483 458111

Social Information on Disability advice line: 0800 043 9395

Surrey County Council Contact Centre for general enquiries about Adult Social Care: 0300 200 1005

Age Concern Surrey Advice line: 01483 446627 or Advocacy line: 01483 446644

Counsel and Care Helpline: 0845 300 7585

Care Choices offer a helpline for people with a disability and the elderly looking for care:0800 389 2007

Help the Aged Senior Line: 0800 800 656

Care Aware Helpline for funding advice on long term care for older people: 08705 134925

Relatives and Residents Association: 0207 359 8136

Eldercare Advice Line on paying for care: 01707 368945

Kingston Advocacy Service covers East Surrey: 0208 549 1028

Just Advocacy covers West Surrey: 01483 527759

Find a Residential Care Service

Find a Home Based Care Service

Funding Options for Care

Latest News

Read All
06Dec, 2018
Message from North-West Surrey CCG sharing current system pressures with care home partners. Read more here.

Read more
03Dec, 2018
A care home group in the south west of England has revealed that it took the decision to ditch uniforms for staff, due to concerns they were causing divisions between the care staff and the residents.

Read more
26Nov, 2018
A letter from CQC's Coproduction Events department talks about the departure of Andrea Sutcliffe and what the future holds for Adult Social Care. Read more here.

Read more

Sign up for our newsletter