Surrey & Sussex Care Showcase Brings Together Health & Adult Social Care Providers
Industry leaders head seminar programme
Health and adult social care professionals from across Surrey and Sussex attended the Surrey and Sussex Social Care Showcase, the region’s biggest free business and training event for the care sector, at Brighton Racecourse on Wednesday 6 March.
This year’s topical Showcase theme of Stepping up to the Challenge reflected the enormous pressures facing the whole of the care sector and aimed to help providers respond accordingly. Amongst the industry leaders speaking throughout the seminar programme were Sharon Allen from Skills to Care, Debbie Ivanova from the Quality Care Commission, Keith Strahan from NHS Digital, Kathryn Evans from NHS England and Vic Rayner from the National Care Forum.
Now in its thirteenth year, this year’s Showcase attracted over 700 visitors and including, for the first time, professionals from the health sector.
Erica Lockhart, Chief Executive of Surrey Care Association and one of the Showcase organisers said: “We are currently collaborating on a great number of joint projects to improve delivery of care across the board, so it was important to include our colleagues from the health sector and we are delighted so many came to join us at Showcase. The shortages of nursing and care staff and pressure on council finances are some of the biggest challenges facing local health and social care providers today. We all need to ensure a sustainable long-term future for our sector and the Care Showcase seminars and networking opportunities help keep providers abreast of developments to enable them to face up to the challenges ahead.”
The Showcase’s extensive exhibition area also offered a ‘one stop shop’ for products and services from over 50 training providers, IT companies, legal and business advisors, care associations and suppliers to the care industry.
The Deputy Lord Lieutenant of West Sussex, Mr Neil Hart, officially opened the Showcase and the Mayor of Brighton and Hove, Councillor Dee Simson, also attended.
The Surrey and Sussex Social Care Showcase was free of charge* for health and social care professionals from Surrey, East Sussex, West Sussex and Brighton and Hove and was supported by Surrey Care Association, East Sussex County Council, Brighton & Hove City Council and West Sussex County Council. The Showcase 2019 media partner was Care Management Matters magazine.
For full details visit www.careshowcase.org.uk
* Delegates from other areas were welcomed but charged a delegate fee of £60.
Press contact Felicity Otterson, Loud Communications, Tel: 07770 email@example.com
Photo captions, photo credit Andy Huntley
- The Deputy Lieutenant of West Sussex, Mr Neil Hart, opened the Showcase 2019 event.
- Social Care and Health Care working together. Pictured L to R: Bob Smytherman, Worthing’s Town Crier; Phil Ellis-Martin, NHS Guildford and Waverley; Mr Neil Hart DL of West Sussex; Cllr Dee Simson, Mayor of Brighton & Hove; Erica Lockhart; Russell Ravens and Vicky Clark, NHS Surrey Downs; Neil Selby NHS NW Surrey
- Grant Payne from Professional Training Solutions delivered an interactive seminar on reducing stress in the workplace.
- Debbie Ivanova, Deputy Chief Inspector of Adult Social Care, delivered a seminar on current and future developments at CQC.
- CEO of Skills for Care Sharon Allen’s seminar covered making connections with other organisations in order to deliver high quality person-centred care.
- Busy Showcase exhibitors’ hall with the CMM stand attracting a large number of visitors
Speakers for Surrey & Sussex Social Care Showcase 2019 were:
- Sharon Allen, CEO, Skills for Care
- Chris Connell, Associate Director, South - NICE Field Team, National Institute for Health and Care Excellence
- Samantha Crawley, Surveys Manager, CPAdjusting Limited
- Jennifer Dudley, Director, NAPA (National Activity Providers Association)
- Anthony Duhig, Head of Sales & Marketing, Person Centred Software
- Neil Eastwood, Founder & CEO, Care Friends & Sticky People
- Kathryn Evans, Head of Planning Delivery, Hospital to Home Programme, NHS England
- Mick Feather, Care Business Manager, Citation
- Taffy Gatawa, Chief Information and Compliance Officer, everyLIFE Technologies
- Alex Giddings, Business Development Manager, Access Health & Social Care
- Neil Grant, Partner, Gordons Partnership LLP – Solicitors
- John Greene MRPharmS, Managing Director, The Medication Training Company
- Catherine Helliker, Marketing Manager, Danfloor UK
- Mei-Ling Huang, Partner, Royds Withy King
- Debbie Ivanova, Deputy Chief Inspector – Adult Social Care CQC, Care Quality Commission
- Roger Morris, Partner, Morris Lane Chartered Accountants
- Grant Payne, Stress, Wellbeing and Resilience Tutor, Professional Training Solutions
- Rob Persey, Executive Director of Health & Adult Social Care, Brighton & Hove City Council and ADASS
- Edna Petzen, Director , Lynden Consulting Ltd
- Vic Rayner, Executive Director, National Care Forum
- Keith Strahan, Principal Clinical Lead – Social Care Programme, NHS Digital
- Melanie Weatherley, Chair of Lincolnshire Care Association, Co-Chair of Care Association Alliance, Lincolnshire Care Association
- Ross Webster, Specialist Speech & Language Therapist, Western Sussex Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust