More fantastic Speakers + Topics from February's Learning Disability Care Provider Business Update Meeting!
You might of heard about our fantastic Business Update Meetings, which are exclusive to our Surrey Care Members. If you aren't a member with us you can still view some of our basic notes below from this meeting!
The meeting commenced with a round of introductions led by Maria Mills (Lead Director and Chair).
Mimi from the Active Prospects Pro-Active Community started her presentation with a welcome using Makaton.
Mimi + Jade Vallance's talk included:
- Outlining the Aims and work undertaken by the committee
- Current initiatives and pledges
- Working with others to create new materials
- Providers were shown ways to participate in these new initiatives
Dr Anna Cox (Research Fellow, School of Health Services – University of Surrey) Introduced a new project.
Dr Cox's talk included:
- New projects
- Statistics relating to Learning Disabilities
- Stories and experiences from the project
- A new Toolkit
- Sharing information and Discussions between Dr. Cox and Care Providers
Claudine Cox – Acting Chair head of SCC MASH and Interim chair of the SSAB
Claudine's talk included:
- New updates from MASH
- MASH Services
- New documents that will be available
- Directions and contact details for Care Providers when relating to Safeguarding
- Processes of MASH
- Where different types of referrals should go
- Reporting on different types of errors
Steve Hook – Assistant Director SCC LD and Autism
Steve's talk included:
- Latest news with the Learning Disability team
- New approaches to Partnership working
- Updates and information surrounding the Learning Disability team
- Strategic aims
- Aims and goals through partnership working
- Questions from Care Providers and Answers provided by Mr. Hook
Athina Lockyer – Kent, Surrey and Sussex AHSN
Athina's talk included:
- Latest work undertaken surrounding innovation and technology for people with a Learning Disability.
- New events
- Sharing and exploring ideas with the Care Providers
- New suggestions
Alan Willmott – Associate shared some updates on CQC ratings, CQC news and general developments in the sector.
Alan's talk included:
- Discussions exploring updates
- Letters from Care Providers. Mr Hook assuring Surrey Care Members with relevant feedback
Erica Lockhart – CEO SCA gave a local update
Pictured: Alan Willmott SCA Consultant
Presented on: The Round up of Key Issues affecting the Sector
Pictured: Dr. Anna Cox - Research Fellow, School of Health Services, University of Surrey
Presenting: Service Evaluation Study Update
Pictured: Athina Lockyer - Kent Surrey Sussex AHSN
Presenting: Innovation and Technology in Learning Disabilites
Pictured: Claudine Cox - MASH Team Manager
Presenting: Discussion, Q&A Section 42
Pictured: Steve Hook - Assistant Director SCC LD + Autism
Presenting: LD Introduction and Developments
Presenter: Surrey Peoples Group - Mimi + Jade Vallance
Presenting: The Pro-Active Community