The Pro-Active Team from Active Prospects are Unstoppable!
The Committee has had the confidence to apply for, and win a national award; they have an increasing number of members; and they're achieving more of their aims than ever before!
When asked, how does winning the award make you feel, Dawn Boyce, a manager at Active Prospects expressed, “Attending the SCA Awards last year made The Pro-Active Team feel special, very excited, and proud we had been nominated. It was lovely to be in such a nice place, wearing our best clothes, and celebrating with so many other people. We were really emotional and excited, and it was a fantastic moment!”
The Committee members have gone on to a great deal of projects in their community which includes:
- Quality Audits with the Quality Manager
- Volunteering- Working with YMCA for health checks
- Advocating for good environmental practice through an Environmental Pledge which the whole organisation is committed to; replacing all bins in the organisation with recycling bins and placing a ban on paper cups & plates.
- Currently working on a roundhouse project, organising taster sessions for ‘unusual fruit’ to promote healthy eating.
- Creating presentations and videos focused on empowerment with a technology organisation- Thunderbolt
The Committee Members really do live the values of the organisation:
- Aspiring to make the Committee even more successful and effective
- Trusting and Caring about each other, about the quality of the services the organisation provides.
- Inclusion, which includes, reaching out to new members & now opening up the Committee to people outside of Active Prospects.
- Valuing the contribution each person makes, and ensuring each person has a voice and is listened to & Enabling every member to participate in all the different things they offer and do.
The Pro-Active Team even have their own bank! They arrange numerous social events, supporting other committee members who cannot afford; including a trip to Butlins for 20 people!
Additionally they invited the Head of Environmental Health from Reigate Council, to showcase their outstanding contributions both locally and nationally.