Surrey Care Association Spring Conference 2022
After two years, we are proud to announce that the SCA Spring Conference is back as an in-person event. Giving you the time to network, ask questions and catch up with colleagues, the conference will be held on Tuesday 24th May in Dorking Halls, Dorking, and free to SCA members through support from Surrey County Council.
Places are limited at the venue, so do get the date in your diaries and we will let you know how to reserve your place.
With workforce planning shown as the most pressing issue following feedback from you our SCA members, we are theming the event as 'Social Care: Workforce Matters.'
Looking at best practice, latest developments for the sector, innovative recruitment and wellbeing, we are delighted to confirm Neil Eastwood of Care Friends, Antonia Rookley and Caroline Mulhall - CQC’s two lead inspection managers for Surrey bringing us latest developments. Marianne Davis from Skills for Care, James Sage and Mei-Ling Huang from Royds Withy King and Sean Gilgallon from Citation will also be joining us to track through all you need to know in providing your workforce with all it needs.
The conference will consider:
- • Leading well – and what a well-led service “looks like”
- • Learning and skills – latest plans and developments for the social care workforce
- • Integration & innovation - recruitment, retention and workforce planning
- • Wellbeing – supporting yourselves and your teams
9:15 –Delegate Arrival – Coffee, exhibition area and networking for conference delegates
10:00 – Start of Conference
- 1st Session - Panel session on “What do well led services look like?”
- 2nd Session – “Skills and learning” in the White Papers
12:30 - Lunch
- 3rd session – “Innovative approaches in Recruitment & Retention”
- 4th session – Staff wellbeing”
15:30 – Conference Closes
* Please note: The above running order is not yet fully confirmed and timings are subject to change.
SCA Member bookings are free of charge with a maximum of two delegates per organisation. If you have booked a place but can no longer attend, please inform SCA at the earliest opportunity, this will allow us to re-allocate your place to another SCA member.
Non-Member bookings are chargeable at £40.00 per delegate, with payment due on receipt of invoice. No refunds can be provided. In the event that you are unable to attend, there is the possibility to send a colleague in your place, please inform SCA if this is case at the earliest opportunity, providing the details of the replacement delegate.
Lunch will be provided for delegates on the day, when booking your place please indicate if you have any specific dietary requirements. *Please note: SCA will be unable to change/update any specific dietary requirements after the 09/05/2022.