Showcase 2012 – Thursday 15th March 2012
Free - Brighton Racecource
For owners, managers, senior staff and professionals
Making a Difference in Adult Social Care
Seminar Programme featured:
- Key Note Speaker: Peter Hay, President – Association Directors of Adult Social Care (ADASS) – Challenges for Adult Social Care
- Key Note Speaker: Professor Andrew Kerslake, Emeritus Professor & Associate Director IPC, Oxford Brookes University – Market Development – Where have we got to?
- Key Note Speaker: Dr Graham Stokes, Divisional Director of Dementia Care, BUPA – Developments in the Care of People with Dementia: p6 – Population, Pathology, People, Places, Policy and Passion
- Key Note Speaker: Martin Green, Chief Executive, English Community Care Association (ECCA) – Personalisation – Making it Real
- Key Note Speaker: William Vineall, Deputy Direction, Social Care Policy and Legislation, Department of Health - ‘Social Care – The Current Policy Position’
- Key Note Speaker: William Laing and David Roe, Laing and Buisson - Financial Challenges for Providers and the True Cost of Care
- Karen Stevens, Area Officer – Sussex and Marianne Davis, Area Officer – Surrey, Skills for Care - Understanding Vocational Qualifications – QCF and Apprenticeships
- Penelope Searle, Principal Consultant, Ashcroft Quality Solutions Ltd - Preparing and Maintaining Compliance
- Chris Horlick, Managing Director of Care, Partnership - Paying for Long Term Care
- Mark Ellis, Head of Social Care Banking, Lloyds TSB with Ernie Graham, Owner, Graham Care Group and Kumar Gnanakumar, Chief Executive, Beritaz Care - Learning from Each Other Series - Technology and Care do Mix
- Stephen Booty, Chief Executive, Enara – Learning from Each Other Series – Domiciliary Care Reflections and Experiences of Acquisitions and Working Across Different Areas
- Robin Bush, Managing Director and Jodie Allen-Cawley, Director of Operations, Living Ambitions – Learning from Each Other Series – Learning Disability – Making it Real - How to Develop a Person Centred Culture Across an Organisation that has it’s Roots in Traditional Support Models.
- Carolyn Denne, Head of Quality Service, Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) – Assuring and Improving Quality in Personalised Care
- Alastair Calder, Benefits & Charging Consultant – Welfare Reform: Claim Now While Stocks Last
- Christine Maclean, Senior Manager, Safeguarding, Surrey County Council - Safeguarding - Why it Matters to Everyone
- Simon Santos, IG Advisor, Surrey County Council - Information Governance – Make Sure you are not Caught Out
- Deborah Sorkin, Head of Membership and Engagement National Skills Academy for Social Care – Better Leadership, Better Quality: How Good Leadership can help you Deliver Quality Services
- Andy Bradley, Founder and Director of Frameworks 4 Change, Frameworks 4 Change – ‘Can compassionate care be guaranteed?
- Sarah Reed, Founder, Many Happy Returns – “There was an Old Person from Hove…”
- Kien Lac, Cost Management Consultant, Auditel – Managing Costs in Difficult Times
- Robert Foster, Co-Founder, Red Ochre – What about Big Society – how can care contribute?
- Ian Biggs, Deputy Director of Operations – South, CQC – CQC Going Forward
- Peter Grose, Partner, Lester Aldridge LLP – Legal Update
- Jane Coward, Adviser, ACAS – Employment Law Update
- Imelda Glackin, Director of Service Development – Martlets Hospice – End of Life
Plus others …….
Full details on the website at www.careshowcase.org.uk